Senior Living in 15462 (Melcroft, PA)
- 15462 scores the same as the Melcroft, PA average of 76.
- 15462 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15462 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Excela Health Frick Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home, and Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Donegal Highlands Golf Course, Seven Springs Mountain Resort, and Pike Run Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Kooser State Park, and Laurel Ridge State Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Mount Zion Lutheran Church, St Raymond\'s Church, and Mount Zion United Meth Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,421, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,428, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,342, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15462 has a sparse population density of 281.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.39%.