Senior Living in 15469 (Normalville, PA)
- 15469 scores the same as the Normalville, PA average of 75.
- 15469 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15469 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Highlands Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home, Specht Private Care, and Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Pike Run Country Club, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, Laurel Ridge State Park, and Laurel Highlands Camplands.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Indian Head Church of God, Hampton Church of God, and Mount Zion United Meth Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,130, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,139, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,241, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15469 has a very sparse population density of 68.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.74%.