Senior Living in 15470 (Ohiopyle, PA)
- 15470 scores the same as the Ohiopyle, PA average of 84.
- 15470 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15470 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Uniontown Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Kamps Personal Care Home, Henry Clay Villa, LP, and Katie Miller Boarding Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Links Course at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Pleasant Valley Country Club, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Ferncliff Natural Area, Kentuck Campground, and Benner\'s Meadow Run Camping &Cabins.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including Mt Washington Presbyterian Chr, St Joan of Arc Church, and Indian Creek Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,292, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,149, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,941, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.23%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15470 has a very sparse population density of 31.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.39%.