Senior Living in 15510 (Somerset, PA)
- 15510 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Somerset, PA.
- 15510 scores lower than the Somerset, PA average of 69.
- 15510 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15510 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Somerset Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including The Patriot, A Choice Community, The Heritage at Siemons Lakeview Manor Estate, and Siemon\'s Lakeview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (6% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Golf Club at Hidden Valley, The, Somerset Country Club, and Middlecreek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Woodland Campsites Inc)..
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Salvation Army Thrift Store, Church of the Brethren, and St Peter Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,607, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15510 has a dense population density of 5,912.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.17%.