Senior Living in 15521 (Alum Bank, PA)
- 15521 scores the same as the Alum Bank, PA average of 75.
- 15521 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15521 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Windber Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Maple Winds Care Center and Autumns View Personal Care, Church of the Brethren Personal Care Suites, and Wesner\'s Claysburg Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including King Valley Golf Course, Windber Country Club, and Blue Knob Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Gallitzin State Forest, Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Campground, and Shawnee State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, Rice Herb L, and Dunlo United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,793, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,458, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,183, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15521 has a very sparse population density of 52.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.13%.