Senior Living in 15530 (Berlin, PA)
- 15530 scores the same as the Berlin, PA average of 69.
- 15530 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15530 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Meyersdale Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow View Nursing Center, The Patriot, A Choice Community, and The Heritage at Siemons Lakeview Manor Estate.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Piney Run Golf Course, Golf Club at Hidden Valley, The, and Indian Lake Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Woodland Campsites Inc)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Beachdale Church-the Brethren, Berlin Brethren Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,603, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,802, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,279, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15530 has a very sparse population density of 61.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.27%.