Senior Living in 15531 (Boswell, PA)
- 15531 scores the same as the Boswell, PA average of 83.
- 15531 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15531 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital and Somerset Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel View Village, Laurelwood Care Center, and Bethlen Hm of The Hungarian Rf.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Oakbrook Golf Course, Sunnehanna Country Club, and Johnstown Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Laurel Mountain State Park, Linn Run State Park, and Woodland Campsites Inc.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including St Andrews Lutheran Church, Mt Laurel United Ch of Christ, and All Saints Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,928, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,025, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,430, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.77%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15531 has a very sparse population density of 65.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.88%.