Senior Living in 15535 (Clearville, PA)
- 15535 scores the same as the Clearville, PA average of 68.
- 15535 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15535 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Donahoe Manor, Colonial Courtyard, and Pennknoll Village.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Bedford Elks Golf Club, Bedford Springs Golf Club, and Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Buchanan State Forest, Billmeyer Wildlife Management Area, and Hidden Springs Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Bedford Church of Nazarene and Acts Community Fellowship).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,043, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,281, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,900, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.82%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15535 has a very sparse population density of 14.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.72%.