Senior Living in 15537 (Everett, PA)
- 15537 scores the same as the Everett, PA average of 69.
- 15537 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15537 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Upmc Bedford).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Pennknoll Village, Homewood at Spring House Estates, and Donahoe Manor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Down River Golf Course, Bedford Elks Golf Club, and Bedford Springs Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Breezewood Campgrounds and Friendship Village).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Everett Church of Brethren, Wiley John W, and Media Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,207, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,475, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,582, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15537 has a very sparse population density of 71.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.11%.