Senior Living in 15545 (Hyndman, PA)
- 15545 scores the same as the Hyndman, PA average of 84.
- 15545 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15545 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Memorial Hospital & Medical Center Of Cumberland, Western Maryland Regional Medical Center, and Sacred Heart Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Allegany Health Nursing and Rehabilitation, Ray of Hope, and Devlin Manor Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Cumberland Country Club, Maplehurst Country Club, and Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Rocky Gap State Park, Hidden Springs Campground, and Rocky Gap Campgrounds.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Mnst, Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, and Ellerslie United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,074, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,589, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,675, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.80%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15545 has a very sparse population density of 58.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.13%.