Senior Living in 15551 (Markleton, PA)
- 15551 scores the same as the Markleton, PA average of 72.
- 15551 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15551 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Katie Miller Boarding Home, Henry Clay Villa, LP, and South Fayette Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Middlecreek Golf Course, King\'s Mountain Golf Course, and Piney Run Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Scottyland Camping Resort, Laurel Ridge State Park, and Ohiopyle State Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Kingwood Church of God, Wesley Chapel, and Messiah Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,001, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,487, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,119, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15551 has a very sparse population density of 23.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.14%.