Senior Living in 15552 (Meyersdale, PA)
- 15552 scores the same as the Meyersdale, PA average of 71.
- 15552 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15552 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Meyersdale Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - Meyersdale, Johnson\'s Personal Care Homes, and Meadow View Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Piney Run Golf Course, Maplehurst Country Club, and King\'s Mountain Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Casselman River Bridge State Park)..
- There are 25 churches nearby, including St Philip & James Church, Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries, and Church of Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,351, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,253, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,899, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15552 has a very sparse population density of 58.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.40%.