Senior Living in 15557 (Rockwood, PA)
- 15557 scores the same as the Rockwood, PA average of 75.
- 15557 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15557 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Somerset Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Patriot, A Choice Community, The Heritage at Siemons Lakeview Manor Estate, and Siemon\'s Lakeview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Middlecreek Golf Course, King\'s Mountain Golf Course, and Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Scottyland Camping Resort, Laurel Hill State Park, and Laurel Ridge State Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Messiah Lutheran Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, and Wesley Chapel.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,394, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,400, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,508, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15557 has a very sparse population density of 40.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.22%.