Senior Living in 15559 (Schellsburg, PA)
- 15559 scores the same as the Schellsburg, PA average of 77.
- 15559 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15559 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Windber Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Courtyard, Donahoe Manor, and Homewood at Spring House Estates.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Indian Lake Golf Club, Northwinds Golf Course, and Bedford Springs Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Shawnee State Park, Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Campground, and Friendship Village.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, St John the Baptist Church, and St John Church Hall.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,817, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,090, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,476, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15559 has a very sparse population density of 42.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.29%.