Senior Living in 15560 (Shanksville, PA)
- 15560 scores the same as the Shanksville, PA average of 69.
- 15560 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15560 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow View Nursing Center, Siemon\'s Lakeview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Heritage at Siemons Lakeview Manor Estate.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Northwinds Golf Course, Indian Lake Golf Club, and Oakbrook Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including St Mark Lutheran Church, Unity United Church of Christ, and Acosta Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,337, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,750, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,493, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15560 has an average population density of 1,315.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.63%.