Senior Living in 15601 (Greensburg, PA)
- 15601 scores the same as the Greensburg, PA average of 79.
- 15601 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15601 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Excela Health Westmoreland Regional Hospital, Monsour Medical Center, and Jeannette District Mem Hosp.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including New Haven Court at Lindwood, Redstone Highlands Health Care, and Saint Anne Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 46 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Hannastown Golf Club, Mount Odin Golf Course, and Greensburg Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bushy Run Battlefield, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve.
- There are 70 churches nearby, including Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, American Baptist Church, and Westcoat Paul L.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,959, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,198, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,402, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15601 has an average population density of 690.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.35%.