Senior Living in 15622 (Champion, PA)
- 15622 scores the same as the Champion, PA average of 80.
- 15622 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15622 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Somerset Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home, and Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Pike Run Country Club, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Kooser State Park, Laurel Highlands Camplands, and Laurel Hill State Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Critchfield Alliance Church, Indian Head Church of God, and Hampton Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,041, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,973, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,465, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15622 has a very sparse population density of 42.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.31%.