Senior Living in 15628 (Donegal, PA)
- 15628 scores the same as the Donegal, PA average of 78.
- 15628 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15628 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Excela Health Frick Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Donegal Highlands Golf Course, Pike Run Country Club, and Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Powdermill Nature Reserve, and Kooser State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Raymond\'s Church, Mount Zion Lutheran Church, and Critchfield Alliance Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,431, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,188, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,614, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.65%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15628 has a sparse population density of 204.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.21%.