Senior Living in 15642 (Irwin, PA)
- 15642 scores the same as the Irwin, PA average of 79.
- 15642 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15642 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Jeannette District Mem Hosp and Monsour Medical Center).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarcliff Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center, Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon, and Redstone Highlands.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Irwin Country Club, Carradam Golf Club, and Lincoln Hills Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Bushy Run Battlefield.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, St Agnes Church Rectory, and Immaculate Conception.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,978, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,606, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,653, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15642 has an average population density of 1,024.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.77%.