Senior Living in 15644 (Jeannette, PA)
- 15644 scores the same as the Jeannette, PA average of 81.
- 15644 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15644 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Jeannette District Mem Hosp, Monsour Medical Center, and Excela Health Westmoreland Regional Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Stone Brook Manor, William Penn Care Center, and Redstone Highlands Health Care.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Kistlers Par 3 Golf Course, First Nine/Second Nine Course at Cloverleaf Golf Club, and Hannastown Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bushy Run Battlefield and Fox Den Acres Campgrounds).
- There are 96 churches nearby, including Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ascension Church, and Heritage Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,724, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,221, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,521, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15644 has an average population density of 852.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.29%.