Senior Living in 15646 (Jones Mills, PA)
- 15646 scores the same as the Jones Mills, PA average of 74.
- 15646 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15646 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Pike Run Country Club, Seven Springs Mountain Resort, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Kooser State Park, and Powdermill Nature Reserve.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Critchfield Alliance Church, Stahlstown United Methodist, and Mount Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,443, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,409, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,699, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15646 has a sparse population density of 163.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.32%.