Senior Living in 15650 (Latrobe, PA)
- 15650 scores the same as the Latrobe, PA average of 76.
- 15650 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15650 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Excela Health Latrobe Hospital, Latrobe Area Hospital, and Excela Health Westmoreland Regional Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Latrobe, Latrobe Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Country Cottage Personal Care Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Latrobe Elks Golf Club, Latrobe Country Club, and Glengarry Golf Links.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve and Keystone State Park).
- There are 59 churches nearby, including First Church of God, Holy Family Church, and St John the Evangelist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,992, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,055, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,694, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.93%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15650 has a sparse population density of 380.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.56%.