Senior Living in 15666 (Mount Pleasant, PA)
- 15666 scores the same as the Mount Pleasant, PA average of 77.
- 15666 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15666 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Excela Health Frick Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, Harmon House Care Center, and Scottdale Manor Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Timber Ridge Golf Club, Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club, and Wyndon Links.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, Laurel Highlands Camplands, and Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA.
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Mt Pleasant Church of God, Mt Joy Church of the Brethren, and Pennsville Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,746, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,463, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,026, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15666 has a sparse population density of 299.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.08%.