Senior Living in 15668 (Murrysville, PA)
- 15668 scores the same as the Murrysville, PA average of 88.
- 15668 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15668 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus and Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab).
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - Murrysville, Redstone Highlands - Murrysville Campus, and Brookdale Penn Hills.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Murrysville Golf Club, Meadowink Golf Course, and Rolling Fields Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Boyce Park)..
- There are 90 churches nearby, including Christ\'s Lutheran Church, Calvary Lutheran Church, and Mother of Sorrows Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,226, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,600, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,211, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15668 has an average population density of 557.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.11%.