Senior Living in 15677 (Rector, PA)
- 15677 scores the same as the Rector, PA average of 81.
- 15677 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15677 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Somerset Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Bethlen Hm of The Hungarian Rf, and Latrobe Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Ridgeview Golf Course, Laurel Valley Golf Club, and Ligonier Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Linn Run State Park, Powdermill Nature Reserve, and Laurel Mountain State Park.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Rector United Methodist Church, Stahlstown United Methodist, and Laughlintown Christian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,700, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,955, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,271, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.58%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15677 has a very sparse population density of 19.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.24%.