Senior Living in 15679 (Ruffs Dale, PA)
- 15679 scores the same as the Ruffs Dale, PA average of 83.
- 15679 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15679 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Excela Health Frick Hospital).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Easy Living Estates of New Stanton, George\'s Personal Care Home, and Whitehead Personal Care Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Twin Oaks Golf Course, Wyndon Links, and Madison Club, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Hazelbaker Recreational Services.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Seven Dolors Rc Parish, Barren Run United Methodist Ch, and Hope Memorial Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,230, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,455, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,088, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.85%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15679 has a sparse population density of 142.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.37%.