Senior Living in 15696 (Youngstown, PA)
- 15696 scores the same as the Youngstown, PA average of 84.
- 15696 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15696 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Excela Health Latrobe Hospital and Latrobe Area Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Latrobe Health and Rehabilitation Center, Brookdale Latrobe, and Barnes Place .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Glengarry Golf Links, Latrobe Country Club, and Latrobe Elks Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve)..
- There are 16 churches nearby, including St James Lutheran Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and United Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,336, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,000, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,141, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15696 has a dense population density of 2,931.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.08%.