Senior Living in 15717 (Blairsville, PA)
- 15717 scores the same as the Blairsville, PA average of 70.
- 15717 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15717 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Close To Home, Beacon Ridge Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility, and St. Andrew\'s Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, Mannitto Golf Club, and Champion Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Pine Ridge Park, Saylor Park, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Kitner Charles S, Homer City United Presbyterian, and Logan John A.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,534, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,428, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,558, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.77%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15717 has a sparse population density of 114.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.66%.