Senior Living in 15722 (Carrolltown, PA)
- 15722 scores the same as the Carrolltown, PA average of 75.
- 15722 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15722 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - HAIDA, Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates, and Cambria Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Cambrian Hills Country Club, Ebensburg Country Club, and Immergrun Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Duman Lake Park and Prince Gallitzin State Park).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, St Benedict Rectory, and St Nicholas Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,084, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,200, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,078, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.32%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15722 has a sparse population density of 119.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.96%.