Senior Living in 15747 (Home, PA)
- 15747 scores the same as the Home, PA average of 79.
- 15747 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15747 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Indiana Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Scenery Hill Manor, Moorehead Place, and Communities at Indian Haven.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Indiana Country Club, Meadow Lane Golf Course, and Indiana VFW Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Silver Canoe Campground and Indiana Ice Center).
- There is 1 church nearby (First Church of God)..
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,906, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,350, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,635, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15747 has a very sparse population density of 66.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.29%.