Senior Living in 15759 (Marion Center, PA)
- 15759 scores the same as the Marion Center, PA average of 66.
- 15759 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15759 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Hillsdale Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, John and Shirley Pisano\'s Care, and Mulberry Square Elder Care & Rehabilitation.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Chetremon Golf Course, Punxsutawney Country Club, and Indiana Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Silver Canoe Campground and Indiana Ice Center).
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,911, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,262, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,618, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15759 has a very sparse population density of 52.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.44%.