Senior Living in 15760 (Marsteller, PA)
- 15760 scores the same as the Marsteller, PA average of 74.
- 15760 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15760 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - HAIDA, Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates, and Sun Rose Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Cambrian Hills Country Club, Chetremon Golf Course, and Ebensburg Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Duman Lake Park, Yellow Creek Campground, and Yellow Creek State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Prince of Peace Church, Garmantown Church of God, and St John United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,654, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,500, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,775, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.19%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 14% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15760 has a very sparse population density of 96.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 69.70%.