Senior Living in 15762 (Nicktown, PA)
- 15762 scores the same as the Nicktown, PA average of 81.
- 15762 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15762 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates, Golden LivingCenter - HAIDA, and Sun Rose Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Cambrian Hills Country Club, Pleasant Valley Golf Course, and Appledale Public Golfing.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Duman Lake Park, Yellow Creek Campground, and Yellow Creek State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Nicholas Church, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Colver Presbyterian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,128, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,313, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,914, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.28%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15762 has a very sparse population density of 61.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.39%.