Senior Living in 15771 (Rochester Mills, PA)
- 15771 scores the same as the Rochester Mills, PA average of 74.
- 15771 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15771 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Punxsutawney Area Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including John and Shirley Pisano\'s Care, Mulberry Square Elder Care & Rehabilitation, and Hillsdale Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Punxsutawney Country Club, Chetremon Golf Course, and Cambrian Hills Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including First Church of God, Albion United Methodist Church, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,036, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,864, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,935, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.33%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15771 has a very sparse population density of 29.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.37%.