Senior Living in 15778 (Timblin, PA)
- 15778 scores the same as the Timblin, PA average of 65.
- 15778 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15778 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgewood Heights, Country Care, and Mulberry Square Elder Care & Rehabilitation.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Bostonia Country Club, Punxsutawney Country Club, and Kittanning Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Redbank Valley Municipal Park)..
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Summerville Church of Christ, Oakdale Church of Brethren, and First Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,011, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,375, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,248, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.73%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 9% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15778 has a sparse population density of 154.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.78%.