Senior Living in 15779 (Torrance, PA)
- 15779 scores the same as the Torrance, PA average of 77.
- 15779 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15779 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Close To Home, Barnes Place , and Loyalhanna Continuing Care Campus.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, Champion Lakes Golf Course, and Champion Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Pine Ridge Park, Saylor Park, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Kitner Charles S, First United Methodist Church, and Christian Fellowship Ctr-Derry.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a median household income of $75,083, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,284, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 48.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15779 has a very sparse population density of 52.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.