Senior Living in 15801 (Du Bois, PA)
- 15801 scores the same as the Du Bois, PA average of 70.
- 15801 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15801 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Dubois Regional Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including DuBois Continuum of Care Community, Christ The King Manor, and Morning Glow Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Du Bois Country Club, Gold Course at Treasure Lake Golf Course, and Owens-Brockway Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sandy Township Recreational Park, Clearview Camp Grounds, and Camp Mountain Run.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Gateway Church of Christ, St Catherine of Siena, and Bethel Church of Brethren.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,159, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,758, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,113, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.08%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15801 has a sparse population density of 298.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.70%.