Senior Living in 15824 (Brockway, PA)
- 15824 scores the same as the Brockway, PA average of 74.
- 15824 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15824 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Dubois Regional Medical Center and Brookville Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland View Health Care, Christ The King Manor, and DuBois Continuum of Care Community.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Owens-Brockway Golf Course, Scottish Heights Golf Club, and Du Bois Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Clearview Camp Grounds, Camp Mountain Run, and Sandy Township Recreational Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Gateway Church of Christ, St Catherine of Siena, and Bethel Church of Brethren.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,503, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,674, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,621, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.00%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15824 has a very sparse population density of 74.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.27%.