Senior Living in 15834 (Emporium, PA)
- 15834 scores the same as the Emporium, PA average of 65.
- 15834 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15834 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Elk Regional Health Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Guy and Mary Felt Manor, Oak Manor, and Pinecrest Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Emporium Country Club, Bavarian Hills Golf Course, and St. Mary\'s Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including State Parks Bureau, Sizerville State Park, and Elk State Forest.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Abundant Life Tabernacle and Agape Assembly of God).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.07% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,150, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,712, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,901, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15834 has a very sparse population density of 22.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.62%.