Senior Living in 15847 (Knox Dale, PA)
- 15847 scores the same as the Knox Dale, PA average of 79.
- 15847 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15847 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Brookville Hospital and Punxsutawney Area Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Jefferson Manor Health Center, Dr Arthur Clifton Mckinley Center, and Morning Glow Manor.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Iron & Woods Golf Course, Pinecrest Country Club, and Punxsutawney Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Bullock Ellen L, First Church of God, and Summerville Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,161, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,375, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,112, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.84%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15847 has a very sparse population density of 93.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.56%.