Senior Living in 15853 (Ridgway, PA)
- 15853 scores the same as the Ridgway, PA average of 63.
- 15853 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15853 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Ridgmont Assisted Living Facility, Highland View Health Care, and Elk Haven Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Elk County Country Club, Scottish Heights Golf Club, and Owens-Brockway Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Ridgway Church of Nazarene and Abundant Life Christian Flwshp).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,592, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,803, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,236, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.79%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15853 has a very sparse population density of 43.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.18%.