Senior Living in 15857 (St Marys, PA)
- 15857 scores the same as the St Marys, PA average of 68.
- 15857 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15857 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Elk Regional Health Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Oak Manor, Pinecrest Manor, and Silver Creek Terrace.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Bavarian Hills Golf Course, St. Mary\'s Country Club, and Elk County Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (State Game Lands Number 25 and Bendigo State Park).
- There is 1 church nearby (Agape Assembly of God)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,086, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,860, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,335, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15857 has a sparse population density of 131.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.58%.