Senior Living in 15901 (Johnstown, PA)
- 15901 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Johnstown, PA.
- 15901 scores lower than the Johnstown, PA average of 73.
- 15901 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15901 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upmc Lee Regional and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center TCU, The Atrium, and Mccullough House.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Sunnehanna Country Club, North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, and Johnstown Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Stackhouse Park)..
- There are 55 churches nearby, including St Clare of Assisi, Memorial Baptist Church, and Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $25,265, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $16,549, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,707, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.27%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15901 has a dense population density of 2,829.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.60%.