Senior Living in 15902 (Johnstown, PA)
- 15902 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Johnstown, PA.
- 15902 scores lower than the Johnstown, PA average of 73.
- 15902 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15902 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upmc Lee Regional and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Harmony House Manor, Good Samaritan Nursing Care Center, and Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center TCU.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Richland Greens Golf Center, Johnstown Municipal Golf Course, and North Fork Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Stackhouse Park and Johnstown Flood National Memorial).
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Walnut Grove Church Brethren, St Gregory Church, and Moxham Church of the Brethren.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,772, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,174, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,528, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.41%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15902 has an average population density of 1,373.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.68%.