Senior Living in 15924 (Cairnbrook, PA)
- 15924 scores the same as the Cairnbrook, PA average of 80.
- 15924 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15924 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Windber Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Church of the Brethren Personal Care Suites, Laurel View Village, and Rosewood Personal Care Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Northwinds Golf Course, Indian Lake Golf Club, and Oakbrook Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Gallitzin State Forest)..
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Graeff Lutheran Church, Our Lady Queen of Angels, and St John Church Hall.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,586, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,673, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,912, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15924 has a very sparse population density of 38.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.52%.