Senior Living in 15935 (Hollsopple, PA)
- 15935 scores the same as the Hollsopple, PA average of 82.
- 15935 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15935 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital, Windber Hospital, and Upmc Lee Regional.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel View Village, Church of the Brethren Personal Care Suites, and Arbutus Park.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Oakbrook Golf Course, North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, and Sunnehanna Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Stackhouse Park)..
- There are 74 churches nearby, including St David\'s Evangelical Luth, Acosta Church of God, and Maple Spring Church-Brethren.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,950, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,973, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,379, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15935 has a sparse population density of 108.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.87%.