Senior Living in 15937 (Jerome, PA)
- 15937 scores the same as the Jerome, PA average of 77.
- 15937 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15937 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel View Village, Presbyterian Home of Greater Johnstown, and Laurelwood Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Johnstown Municipal Golf Course, North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, and Sunnehanna Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Stackhouse Park)..
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Maple Spring Church-Brethren, Bethel United Methodist Church, and Benscreek Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,767, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,250, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,576, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 23.16%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15937 has an average population density of 808.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 57.34%.