Senior Living in 15938 (Lilly, PA)
- 15938 scores the same as the Lilly, PA average of 77.
- 15938 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15938 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Johnstown Housing Authority, Brookside Manor, and Maple Winds Care Center and Autumns View Personal Care.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Summit Country Club, Maple Crest Golf Course, and Blue Knob Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Horse Shoe Curve Park and Wright\'s Orchard Station).
- There are 28 churches nearby, including St Lukes Lutheran Church, St Francis Xavier Church, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,243, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,125, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,157, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15938 has a sparse population density of 130.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.45%.