Senior Living in 15951 (St Michael, PA)
- 15951 scores the same as the St Michael, PA average of 80.
- 15951 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15951 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Upmc Lee Regional).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - Richland, Harmony House Manor, and Brookside Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Windber Country Club, Richland Greens Golf Center, and Maple Crest Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Johnstown Flood National Memorial and Woodland Park).
- There are 51 churches nearby, including St Michael Catholic Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Salix Bethel United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,416, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,219, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,706, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.53%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 15951 has a sparse population density of 418.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.14%.