Senior Living in 15954 (Seward, PA)
- 15954 scores the same as the Seward, PA average of 79.
- 15954 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15954 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upmc Lee Regional and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including The Atrium, Laurelwood Care Center, and Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center TCU.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Valley Golf Course, North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, and Sunnehanna Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Stackhouse Park)..
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Seward United Methodist Church, St Columba Church, and St Casimir & Emerich Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,572, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,875, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,852, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 15954 has a sparse population density of 133.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.63%.